Main Photo

Main Photo

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wisconsin Dells Road Trip

The weekend of May 4 & 5, Madelyn and I braved the long trek up to the Wisconsin Dells to see my good friends from college Courtney and Holly and meet their daughters June (2 in March) and Maggie (2 in July). I was very nervous about the drive since I was going to be alone with Madelyn in the car for 3 hours but Madelyn was an ANGEL!  

On the way up, Madelyn slept 2 of the 3 hours and was happy to sing along to our music together CD.  The only time she cried was when she couldn't get her tennis shoes off (on the way home, I made sure to give her easily removable shoes!)  We got there before everyone else since we left right after music class on Saturday so we had a picnic at the park. When everyone arrived, we headed to the indoor water park. It was awesome. Madelyn was in heaven.  She loved the little slides that she went down by herself and she also liked going down the medium slides with me. She didn't care about getting splashed or anything!  We also went on the lazy river which she loves especially if I held her in the water like she was swimming because of the strong current.  She loved the water and didn't want to leave.  

For dinner we ordered pizza to be delivered to our room.  Then the girls had a bath and I read them all some books. I loved having June in one arm and Madelyn in the other :) It was wonderful. (Maggie liked to do her own thing most of the time!) We had two separate rooms so our plan was to have the girls in one and us in the other but it didn't really work out that way.  Madelyn and Maggie were in pack-n-plays in the same room and June ended up in our room.  Since June ended up sleeping in our room, we ended up talking in the bathroom most of the night so not to wake her up :)  Madelyn slept the whole night and didn't even wake up when the other two girls did.   Maggie cried going to sleep (after Madelyn was already down) and twice during the night and I never heard from Madelyn!  By 7 am when Maggie was up chatting in her pack-n-play and still no word from Madelyn, I went in to see if she was still alive but there she was on her back sucking her thumb (probably enjoying listening to Maggie talk) and smiling up a storm for me!    We did breakfast and then played at the park.  Madelyn LOVES June and talks about her all the time and says she's her friend. It's so cute but also funny.  Madelyn and June kept asking to go to the pool so we went when it opened (10 am) for an hour on Sunday morning. Madelyn was so sad when we had to leave--she threw a small fit. We left and she was asleep within 20 minutes and slept the entire way even when I stopped to get gas!  It was such an awesome weekend!  We had so much fun. I was so nervous about having 3 two year olds sleeping in the same room but it worked out just fine and was so worth seeing my friends and meeting their daughters for the first time!

Madelyn in her shades

Madelyn putting her face in the bubbler. (June in the background.)

Playing with their floating toys Holly gave them. June, Maggie & Madelyn

Snack time: Maggie, June and Madelyn

Loving the bath: Madelyn, June and Maggie
Holly, Courtney and Katie in the bathtub :)

No comments:

Post a Comment